okay. this is a bit more than a year since i last posted a blog. :) next week, tova starts second grade at WIndermere Elementary. yes she no longer will be going to Ohio School for the Deaf. I will never regert sending her to OSD because this place has given her so much. What more could I ask for a beautiful and smart first grade girl reading at 3/4 th grade, a good friend to everyone, loving her teachers and has a zest for learning, OSD has nurtured her to this point. We decided to try her in a mainstreaming enviorment. She starts next week Tuesday. Her teacher's name is Miss Russ. we are looking forward meeting Miss Russ on Monday. Tova has finally found a girls scout troop to join. it has been going very well so far! this Sunday is the fourth meeting and I will be doing the ASL session which I am looking forward to!
Terry has been working so hard on his thesis. I am VERY happy to say that the hardest part is over with- the gears, batteries, wheels all together. He is putting the outside body on Bruce (the name of the robot he s designing), then it should be all done, next comes the paper to type up and off to Rochester to present his thesis.
I went back to work yesterday. it wasnt so hard going back to work as it has been the last few years. i think it is because time do fly by fast and it will be three summers later before we know it, so i just go day by day and appreciate every moment. I will be still teaching ASL to the students, this time, no more IVDL (teaching hearing students thru distance video learning), and Intervention team for ASL part to reduce the gap of students' learning. this year, we have got four new teachers, a new principal and a new assistant principal- big changes but we are feeling good about those new changes!
Tova's movie comes out on sept 30th-limited release but i suspect that it will be just in NYC and LA to start with then oct 4th, nationwide- 25 markets the last i heard. markets means cities.
here s to hoping i keep up with this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment